Thursday, November 15, 2007

It really is November in the San Francisco Bay Area

So today in Mountain View, CA it reached 77 degrees and it could have really been a shorts and t-shirt day, I had to keep reminding myself that it was November.

Here are some photographs I took in our front garden earlier.

The first thing I noticed was that the calla lily is in fully bloom again. I didn't remember them blooming twice last year and we already had a wonderful array of them in spring and early summer. I loved the way the sun reflected from the flower:




Calla Lilies were the flowers we used for our wedding, here is a hot of my bouquet and Larry's button hole.



My neighbor, Dymphna Murphy, did an amazing job with all our flowers.

Some other pictures I took today were of the wonderful citrus tree outside our front door and a close up of one of the mutant oranges on the tree.





It looks like a baby orange trying to come out of the bigger one!

Keep your fingers crossed that the weather will stay warm without any rain for Daddy's visit. As Aoife would say "only four more sleeps!!"

No comments: