Saturday, February 23, 2008

My garden in Mountain View

On Wednesday the postman arrived with our new toy a Nikon D40, you may remember in my Macworld post that one of my 2008 goals is to buy a new SLR camera and take some photography lessons. Costco had a great deal with a  $100 coupon, with 2 lenses and a 2 GB SD card. The coupon ended last Sunday so on Saturday with a few clicks of the mouse the camera was ours!! 

When I got home from work on Wednesday, I was lucky to get a break from this weeks rain and I decided to take some pictures in our garden. The front garden in looked after by our landlord and the back garden is in fact a collection of pots and wine barrels to keep me busy!! 

Here are the results of my first attempt of using our new D40. 

The front garden:

1) This is my favorite picture as I like the look of the full orange tree through the barren peach tree.





2) Testing the zoom on the orange tree




3) My favorite plant in the garden 



Back Garden:

1)  The bulbs that Dad planted 


2) The lemon from my lemon tree


3) More flowers that Dad planted:




And now a slide show of all the photos I took:


No comments: