Saturday, August 9, 2008

Tomato update

WOW I have not posted since June 22nd, I have been a bad blogger so let me give you all an update on how my tomatoes have progressed this season.  In the last update on the tomatoes , I showed some pictures of the first tomato so here are some updated photos:


Getting nice and red on the plant.




The first crop some tomatoes and some cherries.


Crop # 2 were so sweet and juicy

Went to a pot luck last Saturday and this was what I made home grown tomatoes, basil on mozzarella and drizzled with olive oil. It was a big hit.



Part 1 of today's crop 10 tomatoes





Part 2 of today's crop 25 cherry tomatoes

There are still some more outside to be picked but the leaves are all brown  and drooping now so the tomato season for our backyard is nearly over for this year. Overall a very successful year.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Yum.... puts our crop of 4 tomatoes to shame! =)