Sunday, May 25, 2008

Success we have a tomato....

... it is very small and green but it is a tomato!! It is probably due to the heatwave we had last week and the high 90 degree weather that made the plants spring up and bloom. They are probably confused yesterday and today as the temperature is actually a little cooler than normal with the sky very overcast and we actually had rain yesterday. 





Yes, that little green blob in he background is a tomato.




Look how big the plants have got they two Early Girls are both nearly passed the third rung of the cage. 


I eventually did get a cherry tomato plant which is taking its time to grow but I have confidence that it will grow big and tall very soon. 

My friend Maria added a comment to my earlier post asking advice from my green thumb. This made me laugh as I am know to kill most things that come into my garden with the exception of tomatoes.  The only thing I can think of for my success down here in Mountain View is the wonderful sun and I water them every morning and evening in the very hot weather.  Also shhhhhh don't tell anyone, I also talk to them as I water them and I tell them to grow big and strong and bear me lots of fruit!  I suppose I show them some LOVE! I did also have success growing tomatoes in San Francisco but I think that was due to that wonderful window seat I had and even on the foggy days it captured the heat like a glass house. Hope that Alexander has some success with his tomato seeds. 

I will finish up today with a beautiful poem by Hafiz and a wish that today you all felt loved and the encouragement of light to show your true beauty to the world.




It Felt Love



How did the rose

Ever open its heart

And give to this world

All its beauty?

It felt the encouragement of light

Against its being,

Otherwise,

We all remain

Too frightened

1 comment:

Maria said...

The seeds are growing very slowly. The tomato plant we bought is flourishing, but we'll have to start talking to it. No flowers yet. Thanks!