Sunday, August 10, 2008

Quilting.......

So what have I been doing over the last few weeks when I haven't been blogging, one thing was I spent a fun time on four Wednesday evenings at Eddies Quilting Bee doing a quilting class. Santa brought me a new sewing machine for Christmas and I started a quilt for Aislinn thinking I could bring it home with me in April  for her birthday but then I hurt my shoulder and arm and also realized I bit off more that I could chew thinking I knew what I was doing!!! 

The class was great fun, the teacher was awesome and the other in the class were great to hang out with. We all started with the same pattern, for a Rail Fence Quilt but with everyone choosing different fabric and patterns and laid the blocks out differently we all created very different quilts. Here are some pictures of my quilt I took during the class:



The first photo is at the end of night # 2 when I had the top piecing all done and the borders added, the second picture is the middle of night 3 when I had the "sandwich" of the top, batting and back all laid out, pinned and ready to quilt. A number of people who saw picture # 1, think it is bigger than actually is - it is just a little under 50 X 50 inches - perfect size to have on the couch to pull over me when watching TV. 

Here are some of the other quilts made by my class mates:












And here is my finished product :


Here is a view of the back where you can see I brought some of the colors from the front in to make it more interesting:

And yes for those of you who will ask, there are butterflies in the boarder material, here are some close ups:


No comments: