Sunday, January 9, 2011

A new year.......

Wow I have been a very bad blogger it is nearly a year since I posted, I made a promise to myself today that I will update this more regularly to share the creative things I do in the sewing room, kitchen and with my camera.

I took a Photography class yesterday and have began the journey of being able to use my camera (Nikon D40) out of auto mode and now using manual mode. The class was fun and I spent some time today going over the handbook we got, making sure I understand the new concepts I have learn - aperture, shutter speed and depth of field etc. Thanks to Nicole and Tom for a very informative day. Also found this website, Digital Photography School and spent time reading through the photo tips and forum, it made for great reading.


Today it was time to take down the Christmas tree to put it outside to be picked up for recycling and put away the decorations for another year. I wandered the Menlo Park Farmers Market and it really was very chill at 44 degrees, bought leeks and a wonderful looking cauliflower. Grocery shopping was done and I am still amazed how one bag of groceries at Trader Joe's cost me $51.

Busy in the sewing room as I have three projects going in parallel, one is a secret project that I cannot share as I am helping to test a pattern that is going to be published later this year. A group of us are testing the pattern and I am looking forward to seeing how each one turns out.

Another project I am working on is a teal and purple batik ( of course) log cabin with 24 blocks completed and currently chain piecing the remaining 12. I really like how it is progressing as I love batiks, especially teal and purple and I love the layout I picked. Should have some pictures soon.


The next project is also a fun one as you strip piece wonderful 1 1/2 inch strips of Jinny Beyer fabric. Oh the shades of colors in her fabric just makes my heart sing. The quilt kit I am using is called Night and Day and the technique used results in 2 quilts - Night is made from triangles cut from the strip sets and put together with a dark background and the Day is made with the remaining triangles with a lighter fabric.

Some yummy smells are coming up from the kitchen so need to go check on dinner.

1 comment:

Thearica said...

It is good to see you back in blogland! We all need a break from time to time but it is good when we come back home. :)