Saturday, March 20, 2010

I titled this one "Circle of Life"

I found this amazing pattern when I was at PQIF last October, A Journey Remembered and was so captivated by the quilt I had to buy the pattern. I started it just after Christmas and am so excited by the finished product. I decided to go with a purple and teal version and threw in some gold to give it sparkle!

What I really liked about the process of making this quilt is that it a number of traditional sewing techniques - applique ( my first attempt), log cabin piecing and watercolor blending but it all works together to make this contemporary and modern design.

When mine was finished I decided to call it "Circle of Life". Here are a number of pictures of it:













I loved the quilting design on this one it is called "Circuit Path" by Kristin Hoftyzer, the combination of the square geometric lines with the circles was just perfect for the quilt.

If you would like to see this quilt in person it is currently displayed at Eddies Quilting Bee in Sunnyvale, CA as part of the Customer contest for the month of March. If you like my quilt you can even vote for it - add # 11 to the voting slip :).

It is also part of a virtual gallery show which is being put on on Second Life .

Enjoy and Happy Quilting Day.

2 comments:

Lynn Douglass said...

I thoroughly enjoyed looking through your blog and seeing some gorgeous quilts! You've done several that I'd like to make. Maybe it's time to pull out my tubs of batiks!

Micki said...

What a lovely blog you have and thanks for visiting mine. I would love to know where you got that pattern for that quilt. I would love to try to make it. It is beautiful!Thanks again for coming to my blog!
Micki