Thursday, February 26, 2009

Valentine Crayon Rollup's

As you may remember in the post Not Just Quilts I made a Crayon Roll up, so for Valentines I got very busy and made three of them for Aoife, Aislinn and Eimear. Here they are:

Rolled up



Front



Back


They didn't quiet make it in time for Valentine's but arrived the following Monday but the good news was that the girls were arriving to spend the day at Nannies and Granddad's. The other interesting event of that day was that for the last 30 years Riverview has had the same postman but he was retiring and Monday was his last day. The very last package that he delivered to Dad was my package with my rollups! Apparently all the neighbors were out hugging him good bye some still in their pj's, he was a very much loved postman and will be missed.

For the morning the girls went to the church toddlers group but I heard through the grapevine that the afternoon was spent coloring at the kitchen table. I am still waiting for some pictures to arrive in the mail to put up in my sewing room. I hope they have as much fun playing with them as I had making them, they are all stitched with love.

The first crayon roll up that I made and you can see in the Not Just Quilts was send to my cute friend 'Detta and her Mommy was very nice and send me some pictures of the artist in action:


No comments: