Friday, February 27, 2009

Jungle Fever Quilt on its way to Austraila

Here are some pictures of another finished quilt that I finished last week. It was one that I started and finished quiet quickly as it has a purpose that was very special. I am very active on a Quilting message board and one of our members lives in the Victoria area of Australia. Trish's family lost a great deal in the recent fires there and I made this quilt to send to her so she could give it to one of her family members who had lost everything in the fire.

Front of the Quilt


Close up of the Embroidery Feathers used in the boarder


Back and front fabric together


Close up of some Machine Embroidery Flowers used in the Border


The flowers come from a set called "Flowers from the Holy Land" and I love how delicate they look.


The vibrant colors of the fabric does not really show up in these pictures, I am really please on how it turned out. Trish sent me an wonderful email when she received the package and will make sure it will go to someone who needs some comfort from the horrible experience they just had of losing loved ones and their homes in the horrible fires.

1 comment:

Maria said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift!