Sunday, March 30, 2008

And the proof is in the making and eating........

As mentioned in my last post on St Patrick's Day 2008, you will have seen a mention of an Irish Brown Bread making kit a number of times. One of the lucky recipients was Ed, the Daddy of the following beautiful children, Kalyen and Jacob. 

Ed very graciously shared these pictures with me and I was so happy to see my gift was used and obviously enjoyed immensely.  So I will let the pictures tell the story:


Getting ready to start bread making


Kalyen studying the mason jar of the secret ingredients and Jacob reading the instrucitons


The studying continues........... 

Step 1 - Contents of the jar goes into the mixing bowl

Step 2- Pour in the 12 oz of water

Step 3 - Mix well

Step 4 - Spray the loaf tin 

Step 3 B - Double check that the mixing is all done


Step 5 - Place the mixture in the loaf tin


Kalyen and Jacob - looking so proud at a job well done


Step 6 - Bake for 40 mins  and VOILA the above brown bread loaf is just PERFECT. 



Another shot of the perfect loaf ( not sure what Jake is doing!) 

Now it looks like he is taking a bite out of the middle!! :-)

And when all is done the only thing left to do is taste it, Jacob taking a really big bite. 



Pretty Kaylen showing off her slice before she eats hers.

I hear through the grapevine that their Dad is very good at baking cakes from scratch. BTW Ed, my birthday is in June! :-)

1 comment:

Andrea Kanelopoulos - Anam Nostos House said...

I LOVE IT! I need one of those kits to surprise my hubby, he was just mentioning it about his childhood...by the way we webcam with Ireland yesterday, SO FUN...there were about 30 cousins callling Gerry a yank since he lost most of is accent :))