Thursday, November 10, 2011

Art and Stitch Design Day 55

So recently I have been playing around with embroidery designs, butterflies designs to be more precise.

I have an Accuquilt Go! so I used the butterfly die to cut out the shape I wanted, I scanned the shape and digitized the shape. I then played around with different motif fills and motif stitches to come up with a variety of designs.

Here are a few of the first designs:

I had fun tonight trying out my new Babylock Ellisimo and stitched out 2 of the above designs:

iPhone didn't take a great picture 

The first one I used a fabric applique and discovered that I need to go back and fix a few places in the digitizing of the Accuquilt digitized shape as  in a few places the applique didn't fit exactly in place. The satin stitching outline covered this up but I would like to go back and make it fit better.

I also didn't like where I placed the body and antennas and also didn't like how that section stitched out. Need to go back to the drawing board on how I will do that part.  

In the second design I forgot to add the fabric after the first stitch out but I did like how it turned out.

Still lot of more work to be done to make these perfect but I did have a wonderful time designing and stitching these out tonight. 

1 comment:

Loes said...

Love the variations in stitches! Looks very nice.