Saturday, October 3, 2009

New quilt project - Nickel Bricks

Last week there as a post on the HGTV quilting message board wondering what the following pattern was:


My good buddy Trish, responded with posting the pattern from the book Loose Change and the pattern was called Nickel Bricks.



I then read the post and started to chuckle as I had cut out this pattern a while back and started working on it but then got distracted with my Scraps to Treasures challenge quilt and had totally forgotten about it. I resurrected the fabric to see where I had left off and began working on it. At the end of the first day I had all the single blocks completed:




And one test of what a four block will look like:





The next day my friend Cynthia was coming by for a sewing day and all the single blocks became twos and then fours. This is what is currently on my design wall:



I really like how it is shaping up as I love batik and black together. As tomorrow is a Football Sunday I think this is the project I will work on and hopefully will get all the rows put together. Stay tuned for an updated photo!

One question I am mulling over in my mind is which way to finish the quilt. As you can see in the first two pictures each of them have a different boarder. The top one has a plain black border and the one in the book had a piano key style border. I have the batik fabric cut out but still need to cut the black if I go with the piano key option. Decision, decisions!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you're having fun with Nickel Bricks. Looks great!
Le Ann Weaver
www.persimmonquilts.com
'Loose Change: Quilts from
Nickels, Dimes, & FQ's'

Anonymous said...

The Le_Meridian Funding Service went above and beyond their requirements to assist me with my loan which i used expand my pharmacy business,They were friendly, professional, and absolute gems to work with.I will recommend  anyone looking for loan to contact. Email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com  Or lfdsloans@outlook.com.WhatsApp ... + 19893943740.

Financial Service said...

DEAR APPLICANT,

We offer Affordable loan at 3% interest rate available for local and international borrowers. We are certified,trustworthy, reliable, efficient, Fast and dynamic and a co-operate financier for real estate and any kinds of business financing,we offer the following:* Personal Loans * Student Loan * Business Loans * Consolidation Loan * Combination Loan* *Home Enhancement* Car Loan *Construction Loan e.t.c

We are Christian organization founded, people in needs of assistance helps, such as financial help. So, if you go through financial difficulties or you are in any financial mess, and you need funds, to start you need your own business, or you need a loan to pay off your debts or pay your bills, start a nice business, or you will find it difficult, to obtain capital loan from local banks, for the Bible says , "" Anyone who asks, receives Luke 11.10, and who seeks, finds, and who knocks on the door, the door will be opened ", so do not miss this chance, because Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever more. Please this is for serious minded and God-fearing people.

Fill the application form below for further information.

Full Name:___________
Sex:________
Age:______
Country:__________
Address___________
State: ________
Tel:______
Occupation: __________
Monthly Income:___________
Loan Amount Needed ($) :__________
Amount in Words:
Loan Duration:__________
Pan Card or Voters Id No:__________

We await your responds

Regards
Trust Bridge Financial Service
E_mail: trustbridgefinancialservice943@yahoo.com